Monday, May 7, 2012

bunratty castle.

Monday, May 7th

So it may have taken me four months, but I finally made it to Bunratty castle... only 25 minutes outside of Limerick. Despite the crazy weather today (I actually heard thunder for the first time in Ireland) I had a great day with my friend Lauren.

The castle grounds have been turned into a heritage park with old houses, shops, schools, and farm animals!



an Irish wolfhound... she was so friendly despite here slightly frightening size!

When the hail stopped and the sun came out it was a beautiful day!

The castle it's self was full of old tapestries, furniture, and interesting "art"!  There seemed to be a strange sea theme to some of the rooms despite the fact that the castle is completely land-locked.  The chandeliers in a lot of the rooms were mer-people with antlers in their back holding candles... quite odd!  I couldn't use flash inside so it was hard to get good pictures, but here's what I did mange to get...

These people must have also been great hunters!

one of the kitchens... those are tortious shells!

The beautiful Bunratty Castle!

Bunratty was pretty relaxed and fun to see and explore.  I'm glad I was able to hit up one last castle before heading home!


No comments:

Post a Comment