Wednesday, May 2, 2012

my 22nd birthday(s)!

Part I
Date: Thursday, April 5th
Location: Salzburg, Austria

Why yes, this year I was lucky enough to get 2 birthday celebrations! I woke up on my birthday to lots of emails and messages from my family and friends in the states... a real treat!

Steph, Sydney, and I left the hostel that morning in search of a little breakfast on our way to the bus station because we were going to the Alps!  We grabbed delicious pastries and sandwiches to take with us for the day was we headed out on our adventure.  We rode a tram up to the 'top' of the Alps and headed out for the snow capped peaks!  We hiked around a bit and enjoyed the view and snow!



When we where exhausted with our hiking we made our way to the 'mountain top' cafe for a birthday pint and to enjoy the sandwiches we'd bought...


In the evening, when we'd caught back up with Frances, we got all dolled up and went out in search of my birthday wishes... cake, food, and wine!  And luckily we managed to find all three!

Great cake: champagne orange, cherry chocolate, and raspberry (don't worry... I shared!)


Great Austrian wine at the amazing little wine bar we found in town.

Part I of my birthday was pretty amazing, but Part II sure gave it a run for its money...

Part II
Date: Friday, April 13th
Location: Limerick, Ireland

After a wonderful birthday celebration with the girls in Salzburg I was informed that that wasn't all... I wasn't officially 22 until I'd had a homemade cake and celebrated with the boys (Paul and Sebastian) too.

So they made me a cake and came to my apartment for pizza and a few drinks!  It was one of those nights where you sit down with your friends and a cider at 7:30 and all the sudden it's 2am!  I have no idea where the night went... but I had an amazing time playing taboo (the boys bought it to improve their English), telling stories, and joking around! I'm more than luck to have made such good friends over here across the pond!


It was Paul's birthday in Ireland too... we were the only 22 year-olds!

This one had to go up because both the Germans are smiling with their teeth... this is unheard of!

Gotta love my Ireland family!

I am one amazingly lucky girl to have been given the opportunity to celebrate my birthday twice with such great people!
Thanks for all the birthday fun guys!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Jen! I'm sorry I missed your birthday... I hope it was great! I can't wait to catch up when I get home!

    ReplyDelete