Sunday, January 29, 2012

the Cliffs of Moher!

Yesterday was a true adventure... one of the reasons I decided to study abroad!

After missing a school planned day trip to the Cliffs of Moher last weekend, a group of my friends and I decided that we were going to take the trip planning into our own hands.  My friends Sebastian and Paul (both German) left yesterday morning for the Shannon airport to rent a car for the day.  After coming back to campus to pick up the very excited (and slightly nervous) ISU girls (Sydney, Steph, and myself) we headed off to the cliffs!

It was a day of excitement for sure!  We made it to the cliffs by lunch time.  After we had had our fill of the breathtaking views, and the rain, we headed for a little town to eat... Fish and chips and vinegar!

Here are a few photos from the first half of the trip:

 


For the rest of the day, we drove around in search of some of the interesting things we had read about in our Irish guide book.  While we failed repeatedly to find a specific town or sight, we had an amazing time seeing the countryside!

We stopped in a few small towns on our way home to walk around and se a few sights.  While it had begun to get too dark for pictures I did manage to snag one good one.

I don't know the details of the town or the water, but I plan to ask around and will let you know what I find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment