Tuesday, January 17, 2012

One long day of travels later, I'm here!

The first day of my Irish adventure proved to hold some interesting twists...

After saying goodbye to my parents in Minneapolis (sad no matter how many times I've done it) I met up with Sydney and Steph, my fellow ISU travelers, for the first leg of our trip from minneapolis to Newark. The flight only had 20 people on it, including the flight crew!  We each got our own row and were able to sit back and enjoy the flight.  The empty seats also allowed me an amazing view of the Statue of Liberty and the NYC skyline as we landed.

In Newark, we had to endure a 4 hour layover before finally boarding our flight to Ireland.  As we waited (and watched the wild life (gross!)) the gate began to fill with college students.  In total, about 50 


additional US students also studying at UL were on our flight.  It was great to be able to get to know a few people's faces, and I was even able to recognize a few in the city center this afternoon!

As I continue to figure out the lay of the land tomorrow I'll post some information about my new friends, the campus, and the city center.  For now though, despite the fact that it is only 7pm here, I think it's about time to catch up on some sleep.

'Night!
Laura

PS... The sun came out for a bit this afternoon and made the green of Ireland even more breathtaking! I'll get pictures next time to prove that it has happened!

4 comments:

  1. What is the mascot of the university of Limerick?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have no idea! I'll look around today and see if I can find one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. apparently we are the wolves... But that's kind of a new thing here.

    ReplyDelete