Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A multicultural evening

Last night I went to an informational meeting for a weekend trip to the Ring of Kerry.  I have decided to join many of my international friends on the excursion for a weekend of dance classes, gaelic football, and traditional Irish food!  The trip is in March so i'll post the details as the date approaches.

The real fun of the night began after the meeting however... I decided to join a few friends for dinner at one of there apartments.  The crowd consisted of myself, Steph (my friend form ISU), 4 German guys (Thomas, Paul, Sebastian, and Stefan), and 1 Italian guy (Daniele)!  Thomas, our host decided to make spaghetti and Bolognese sauce... I offered to help along with Daniele.  This made for an interesting experience as Daniele is actually from Bologna!

After about 2 hours of cooking with language and cultural barriers we were able to enjoy a great meal together!  I can't wait for more experiences like this in the future!

Here a a few pictures to show the progression of the meal:

Thomas (left) and Daniele work to cut the 2lb block of frozen beef in half so it can fit in a pot!

Our pot was too small for the spaghetti and we kept having to add water as the noodles soaked it up...

...Which resulted in a lot of spaghetti being stuck to the bottom of the pan!

1 comment:

  1. I like that Daniele spells his name with an e at the end!

    ReplyDelete