Friday, January 20, 2012

My new home...

I feel like I am finally settling into my new home here in Ireland.  I live in Thomond Village, which is across the river from campus, but is still only about a 10 minute walk to the main campus.  In the picture below, you can see the river and my village.  I live in the building and the right side of the picture in Wren house (each house is a different bird).


I have five roommates, 1 American and 4 Irish, I have not met any of them however.  Although it has been lonely in my building, I have met a few girls in village.  Not many of the Irish students are back from break, so there are really only international students around.  Right now, I hang out with a few Americans, a Greek girl, and a few German guys.  It's amazing how well everyone speaks English! I can't wait to see what other students I will met in the coming weeks!

Today I have a double decker bus tour of Limerick, hopefully I'll have some good pictures to post!

2 comments:

  1. Bus tours are a great way to expore and get your bearings! Sounds like fun - excited to hear more about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your pics! Hope you're having fun so far... enjoy that bus tour. Hopefully you can understand everything they say! :)

    ReplyDelete